The story of our first child.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

29 Weeks Pregnant!!



We’re 29 weeks pregnant and things are going great! Caylee loves when I cuddle Cooper at night because she just kicks, kicks, kicks her daddy in the back all night long!. It’s really cute! As you all know I failed my first test for gestinational diabetes and had to go back and take a longer more in-depth test. I passed this one, but my glucose count went from very high to very low. At my next appointment they’ll let me know what I need to do to get my number in the normal range. We had our 4-D ultrasound last week and it was amazing! We could see all of Caylee’s features. We also saw her yawn, stick out her tongue, and chew on the umbilical cord. She is already head down, now she just needs to pack on a few pounds so she will be ready for birth.

Fetal development in pregnancy week 29: Due to the impressive advancements of medical technology, if Caylee is born this week, she'd have a 9 out of 10 chance of survival. Your baby's head is in proportion with her body now and her brain can control primitive breathing and body temperatures. She appears more like a newborn each and every day! Your baby is increasingly sensitive to changes in light, sound, taste, and smell! Her bone marrow is now producing red blood cells and fat continues to develop under her skin. Her length is now approximately 15.2 inches and weight is 2.54 pounds.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at that adorable little face! You keep kicking your daddy, Caylee! He deserves it, trust me.

Anonymous said...

I agree, keep kicking your daddy. If mommy gets to be kicked, Daddy should get to be kicked too!

Anonymous said...

This 4D stuff is so unreal, how fun! Congratulations guys, it looks like Caylee is doing great!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that ultrasound is just amazing. Don't worry about the gestational test, I failed mine too with one of my girls, too long ago to remember which one, but a lot of that also deals with what you ate the day of the tests. From what Coop says, you are doing great. I can't believe you are already in your third trimester! BTW, beautiful name for your baby.

Baby Ticker

Lilypie

Contributors