The story of our first child.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

6 Months Pregnant!!!

I can’t believe I only have three more weeks until my 3rd trimester! On Monday we have our next prenatal checkup so we’ll get to hear Caylee’s little heartbeat again. She has been kicking more and more! If I lift up my shirt Cooper and I can see her kicking from the outside of my belly! It’s so amazing and fun to watch!! For the past week we’ve layed in bed and just watched her kick for about 30 minutes before we fall to sleep. It’s so neat!! I’m still feeling great. Shaving my legs is still easy, but last night I had a difficult time painting my toe nails! I can probably paint them for another week or two, but Cooper will have to start painting them soon! LOL
Fetal development in pregnancy week 24: Your baby continues to grow and develop inside of you. She is now measuring 12 inches long and weighing about 1 pound, 3 ounces. In the coming weeks, your baby will continue to grow and mature at a fast rate, gaining about 6 ounces of weight a week.Her brain is growing rapidly and her taste buds are developing. She is pretty lean at 24 weeks, but she'll soon be putting on some "baby fat" to fill out her frame and her wrinkled skin. She has begun to develop white blood cells. These cells are responsible for fighting off disease and infection. Her lungs develop branches this week and her inner ear is completely developed. In fact, she has basic control over all of her senses: hearing, touch, taste, smell, and vision! Over the next seven days the sweat glands will be forming in the skin.

No comments:

Baby Ticker

Lilypie

Contributors