The story of our first child.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

21 Weeks Pregnant!!

We're 21 weeks pregnant!! It's so exciting to be half way there! As you probably know we're having a precious baby GIRL! I can't wait to start sewing her bedding and decorating her nursery! Cooper and I are so happy that we're going to be parents, it's the best feeling in the world! Everytime we see her on the ultrasound screen we get more and more excited. The day we get to hold her in our arms for the first time will be the best day of our lives!! I've felt her kick a few times now and it's so awesome! I can't wait until she starts kicking more so Cooper can feel her too! Our friends Lance and Kathy had a baby boy (Mason) this morning. I can't wait to get off work so we can go and see him! Lance texted me at 2:30 am to tell me Kathy's water broke and it was hard for me to sleep because I was soooo excited! All I could think about was how cute their baby boy is going to be. I layed there for a couple hours thinking about holding him and thinking about how great it will feel to hold my own baby!! It's just such a miracle...sorry for going on and on...lol

Fetal development in pregnancy week 21: White blood cells are under production. Leukocytes (or white blood cells) form our body's defense system. They help fight infections and diseases. Your little one's skin has changed from translucent to become more opaque. Your infant's tongue is fully formed. If you were able to peek you might catch your son or daughter practicing giving you a raspberry! If your baby is a girl, her womb and vagina are formed. At this point your daughter will have 6 million eggs. This amount decreases to approximately one million by birth. Baby swallows more this week. After your baby takes in amniotic fluid, her body absorbs the water in the liquid and moves the rest into the large bowel. This is good practice for her digestive system! Wake and sleep periods become more consistent. Some research suggests that baby sets her internal clock to match the outside world's even before birth! Your eating and sleeping habits as well levels of light and noise serve as her signals. Length is now measured crown to heel. Baby measures about 10.51 inches and weighs nearly 12.7 ounces.

No comments:

Baby Ticker

Lilypie

Contributors