The story of our first child.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Caylee's Arrival






Cooper and I had just went to bed on Saturday May 30th and my water broke at 11:55pm! We were so shocked and excited! I wasn’t having contractions so we walked around the neighborhood for an hour. I started having good contractions so we packed up and arrived at the hospital at 2am. I walked the halls of the hospital for a few hours, until my contractions got more painful. After that I was in a hospital bed for the rest of my labor. I wanted to wait until I was dilated to a 5 before getting my epidural. Around 8am my contractions were getting so intense that I couldn’t take the pain any longer, just so happens the anesthesiologist was in a surgery and it would be an hour and a half until he could give me my epidural. Cooper and I breathed through contractions for 30 more minutes then I asked the nurse for any kind of pain medicine she could give me. I was given Stadol and it made me very tired any loopy! I received my epidural at 10am and it was smooth sailing from then on! Caylee was born Sunday May 31st at 1:54pm. She weighed 6LB 8OZ and was 19 ¾”. She received a perfect 10 on her apgar score and 100% on her hearing test! We are so lucky to have such a perfect baby girl and an easy labor without any complications! After Caylee was born I said, “that was easy!!” I only had to push a few times and she was in my arms! I couldn’t imagine my life without Caylee! She is the best baby and has brought Cooper and I so much joy! She melts our hearts over and over every day! She is doing such a great job nursing and we’re so thankful for all the help and prayers from our friends and family! I highly recommend Deaconess Hospital to everyone! The nurses were so wonderful and gave us the best care! I hope you enjoy the pictures! Sorry it took me a while to post them!

2 comments:

Auntie Stevee said...

I can not wait to meet her! I love her so much already. I am so happy for you guys! You two are the best parents.

Debbie said...

Well it's about time...I have been checking for pictures everyday Mom & Dad !!!She is so beautiful, but I knew she would be. So glad everything went well & on your own. Congratulations. I can't wait to see you all this week. Welcome little Caylee...Love you all!
Debbie

Baby Ticker

Lilypie

Contributors